Friday 21 September 2012

To crochet or not to crochet?

I've been sick and off work the last two days. I hate being sick (OK thats a really stupid thing to say). It is so boring! I end up checking my work emails anyway (then feeling guilty because I haven't done anything and falling asleep because I'm so tired). What I have done though in between my sleeping and email sessions is crochet! 

I've been wanting to learn to crochet for a while. I tried my hand at knitting a few years ago, but I never created anything I deemed exciting enough to be worth the effort. Oh and I wasn't good at it, in fact I was pretty terrible at knitting (obviously the housewife gene didn't get passed on). But crochet seems simpler and more fun. Plus I have a theory that I can do it while watching TV on cold winter evenings, although I'm a long way from that at the moment. Mr PTC thinks its a passing phase - we will see.

So between being ill, and completely useless at self learning I have eventually gotten around to finishing my first crochet project. Small, simple and rather cute:


A crochet rose.


A small simple crochet rose-type flower. I'm actually quite impressed by myself. I swear it TOTALLY looks better in real life than in the photo. Ahem.

I can't tell you how long it took because there have been a large number of naps taken between miniature crochet session. Lots of cups of tea, and lots of snuffling. If you want to have a go yourself I used the following tutorial and I highly recommend it:

Happy crocheting to anyone who wants to give it a go.

I'm linking up to....
A Bowl Full of Lemons
Not just a housewife

Thanks for stopping by,
Rose,
Let me know what you think... leave a comment or send an email to passthecaffeine {at} gmail {dot} com

No comments:

Post a Comment